Monday, August 17, 2009

Why Do We Torture Ourselves Like This?!

My boss is an avid Orioles fan. Why? I have no friggin' clue. While I love that we can talk about baseball for hours at a time, sometimes I just want to stop and ask "WHY DO YOU STILL CARE?"! Let's face it, the Orioles are ridiculously awful. And even when they were good, they had things like this:



Virtually everyone I know is a Cubs fan. Now, I don't know why anyone would want to be a Cubs fan even if they were winning anything ever, but uhm, they're not winning anything either.



So my question is: why are we so loyal? Why do we even care in the first place?

I can't seem to come up with anything good other than cliches. We want to root for the underdog. We want to feel like part of the team. We're living vicariously through our favorite athletes.

What's up with that? Why do I care?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

typical cards fan. =P

KIKI said...

It's not like it's STL's fault you guys never win anything. Oh wait, it kind of is. Maybe I shouldn't have used the Cubs because of my obvious bias. Perhaps my point was lost in all that hate.

 
Free Hit Counter