Sunday, August 16, 2009

Srsly...

Ok, so here's the deal. Apparently I suck at Blogging and Twitter, but I'm awesome at updating my Facebook profile with stupid, meaningless crap. Thus, I am trying to be not-so-sucky at the Blogging/Twitter part because frankly, I find both of these more interesting than Facebook updates.

So, that being said, here is a new blog entry. Try to contain your excitement.

I suppose my desire to be an actual not-sucky blogger was inspired by my buddy Pham, who was visiting NYC from Chicago for the 20sb NYC meetup this weekend. While I don't think I'll ever be the internet star he is, his work really does inspire me to document more of my life, thoughts, etc. I think I have a pretty freakin' sweet life and would like to remember this stuff when I'm like a million years old.

So Phammy and I spent the day running (and sitting in the shade) around NYC. We walked most of the way across the BK Bridge (it's shorter than I remember - weird), ate some ridiculously good pizza (Bella Vita in case anyone cares), and took an AC break at the Apple Store on 5th Ave. It was a freakin' hot but very fun day.

While I'm writing this I suppose I should be doing some work, as I'm flying back to NORMAL, IL Wednesday night to participate in an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition build! I'm totally excited and can't wait to help out. Wish I knew more right now, but I don't. They don't release the location of the build until the design team knocks on the lucky family's door! Anyway, I don't even care, I'm just psyched to be able to say that I played a small role in this huge endeavor. It's funny because I always thought it would just be really cool to see the house built and support the show I love, but as I wrote that previous sentence I'm realizing just what this really is about. I mean, I've never participated in something that could be so totally life changing as this. Anyway, I'm totally psyched. Plus, I'm totally excited to hang with the parents for a few days without the pressure of whatever event I usually have going on when I head home.

Since my last blog a million years ago, we've adopted E's dog from home. Uhm, she's the cutest dang dog ever. She also might be the laziest, but frankly, that's part of the reason I love her so much. It's easy to own a dog that sleeps 18 hours a day.



I pretty much stopped blogging when I broke my stupid foot running a stupid race. There's nothing much worse than running an awesome race (in the cold and rain), only to find out that some jerk stole your iPhone, credit cards, house key, and driver's license from your bag at the bag drop. Oh yah, and to also find out 3 days later you suffered a stress fracture as a result of the race. Well, in my experience...it sucks. Oh well, another life experience I suppose.


I guess I should go do that work now.

I promise I'll be back soon :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

internet star? by no way am i an internet star...yet

 
Free Hit Counter