Saturday, January 31, 2009

MOVING!!!!!

NJ MARATHON UPDATE

So. Friday night, E and I went to look at apartments. We definitely weren't going to sign a lease, and I think E really wasn't even interested in moving at all. Well, 2 hours later, we had signed about 200 pages (no joke) and set a move in date. HA! Funny how things work out. We got a crazy deal; it was so good another couple tried to fight us out of it. In the end, we both got apartments and about 5 other couples are S.O.L. Oops.

I'm completely in love with this place. I was kind of scared to sign because it seems TOO perfect, but...I dunno, maybe it IS perfect? The only problem I have is...

I kind of feel like it's a requirement I act like a huge douche bag if I live in this joint. Apparently this building is Phillipe Starck's "personal project". Needless to say, it's HEAVY on the design. If anyone wants to check it out, try dwellonwall.com. I NEVER thought I'd be moving in to a luxury building (actually was trying to stay away from it while apt hunting), but to be honest, this was a better deal than anything else I saw. Not sure E and I will really fit in but...whatever. :)

The big day is 6 weeks away, but I'll only be around to pack this weekend and one more weekend before the move. Yikes. I started packing today and uhm...packing SUCKS. I guess I expect to see instant progress, but there's so much crap everywhere...there's no progress at all.

To make matters worse, I'll miss about half a day of packing with all the superbowl hoopla tomorrow. Maybe I just shouldn't sleep? Oh well, everything will work out and I will have an awesome new home.

Thanks Staten Island, it's been fun.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter