Thursday, January 29, 2009

G'day!

NJ MARATHON UPDATE

I had a really good day today. I know this might be a ridiculous thing to put in a blog, but frankly, I don't care. I do this as much for me as for you. So there. Sometimes I like to remember nice things later, so here we go:

1. It was sunny today. After the complete crap-fest yesterday was, this seemed like a really big deal to me.

2. Even though I was running late, and saw the bus fly by while I was still at the apt. complex front gate, I took off running and because of the long line of people waiting to get on, actually made the bus.

3. The bus apparently was empty enough that even with the long line I got a seat. Normally wouldn't be a big deal except making sharp turns on all these friggin' hills actually makes standing on the S42 kind of difficult. That is if I don't want to borderline sexually violate people as I fall into their laps.

4. I ran to the bus and didn't think I was 1.) Having a heart attack, 2.) Pulling a muscle, 3.) Running a lot farther than the 200 ft. to the bus stop. This sounds completely ridiculous, but marathon training has actually helped me run to the bus. Running making other aspects of my life better?! Maybe these running people were on to something.

5. Speaking of running people, I bought a Runner's World this morning and actually knew what the hell they were talking about. I won't lie, I felt kind of cool. With all the references to marathon running/training I was like booyah, I'm doing that.

6. I ended up leading half of the training lectures today, which is great because the day flies by and I'm not incredibly bored for half of the day.

7. I was a trouble-shooting BEAST today. Might not be a big deal (frankly, probably 25% of my job is figuring out what the hell is wrong with the finicky software anyway), but it was great validation that I'm actually really good at what I do. I guess it came at a good time since I'm generally.....really bored.

8. My co-trainer was carrying some kind of magical medicine that cured my ouchie tummy. I think she's some kind of magical medicine woman.

9. I actually got my eTicket, which was kind of up in the air, so I can definitely get to NFK 100 next weekend. That should be...interesting. I'm not sure I'm ready to re-enter the Newman Bubble. Especially after living my 'life of sin' and becoming...*gasp* kind-of-something-approaching-liberal-but-not-really-just-not-psychotically-religiously-conservative. Yah, this might get weird. At least I'll have one fellow sinner along with me for the ride.

10. I met with a broker who was actually a cool guy and got to see 8 Wall St. apartments. E said it best, it would be pretty badass to say we lived on Wall St. AND be able to eat...

11. Which takes me to dinner. Salad, bottle of Argentinian wine, mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, 16 OZ STEAK. Good God, I love meat. (That's what she said)

12. Watch Illinois completely and totally SUCK against Minnesota. Ok so that's not really a plus, but I still enjoy watching the Illini. I think my ridiculous looking scarf/glove/puff-ball orange and blue hat set may have been cursed. I won't wear them Sunday and we'll see what happens.

13. I learned about a new baseball statistic and because I'm so horribly and lamely math-inclined, I got pretty excited. And in case anyone cares (I know, you don't), 13 days until pitchers and catchers report. Frankly, I don't care either, but at least it means we're moving toward baseball and that makes me really damn happy. Especially if ILL keeps up this poo-fest of not-basketball.

And now, if I may take a moment to outline my moving dilemma:
Awesome, huge, cheap Staten Island apartment

vs.

Awesome, ridiculously tiny, expensive Manhattan apartment.

Thoughts, comments, ideas, cash for my rent?

1 comment:

RB said...

If you live in the "City" it par for the course to complain about your apartment. You spend all your time doing things outside your apartment, and remind yourself constantly that you live in Manhattan so you can busy 24/7.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's a trade-off. The older I get, the more I want a huge house.

 
Free Hit Counter