Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Awakening

So after watching Illinois stomp all over Ohio State I was flipping through the channels and found..........AWAKENINGS. This is seriously the best movie I have ever seen. Ever. My mother once forbid me from watching it anymore because I am pretty much a worthless pile of tears for about 30 minutes after the movie is over. For a complete synopsis you can read more here. I'll give you my own synopsis, and unfortunately I can only do so sounding cliche: A doctor figures out how to pull a group of catatonic patients out of their suspended state. They are like 'real' people. Then the drugs stop working. Basically, appreciate your life. Seriously. To quote the film, "What we do know is that, as the chemical window closed, another awakening took place; that the human spirit is more powerful than any drug - and THAT is what needs to be nourished: with work, play, friendship, family. THESE are the things that matter. This is what we'd forgotten - the simplest things."

So yah, I have to go cry now. Watch it. Love it. Know what matters.

Oh yah, and my president is black. :)

Peace out.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter